Wassail is a family tradition that we make during the holiday season. I've changed it up a bit this year and removed the refined sugar.
- 1/2 gallon apple cider with no added sugar
- 1 pint pineapple juice with no added sugar
- 1 pint cranberry juice with no added sugar
- 1 Tbsp whole cloves
- 1 Tbsp whole allspice berries
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- honey to taste if you prefer it sweet
- 1 Orange sliced
Combine all the ingredients into a crockpot.
Cook on low 3- 4 hours.
Combine in a stockpot, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about an hour.
Note – You can combine the orange slices, cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth and tie before placing into pot to simmer. Remove before serving.