Roasted veggies are easy to make and they keep for the week. It’s a great way to use up all those veggies you have hanging out in the fridge. Roast them up and you’ll have no excuse not to eat healthy all week! You can add them to your eggs for breakfast, top your salad at lunch and eat them as a side dish for dinner.
- 1 whole red onion peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 whole red bell pepper seeded and cut into large chunks, or any color
- 1 bunch asparagus ends cut off and sliced into 2-3 pieces
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced or quartered
- 1 medium eggplant cut into large chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- Kosher or Celtic Salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut veggies into large chunks and toss into a ziplock bag.
Add oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Shake bag to combine.
Line 2 sheet pans with foil. Divide veggies between pans spreading the veggies out. Don't crowd them or they will steam instead of roasting.
Bake for 15-20 minutes stirring a couple of times. If needed, cook for another 5 minutes or until lightly brown and roasted. If you have small cubes it will cook quickly so keep an eye on it.
You can also use your favorite veggies (or the ones that are hanging out in your refrigerator going bad). These are just some of my favorite.