Mediterranean Shrimp with Basmati Rice
This dish is one of my favorites based on a recipe from my friend and Lifestyle Expert, Mandy Landefeld of Sumptuous Living.
Course: Main Dish
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tbl garlic, chopped and divided
- 1 tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbl olive oil, divided (or preferred oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- ¾ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tbl dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher or sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz Kalamata Olives halves
- 2 cups Basmati rice, cooked
In a medium bowl combine shrimp, ½ tbl garlic, parsley, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and 1 tbl olive oil. Stir to combine; set aside.
Heat remaining 2 tbl olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and yellow pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add fire roasted tomatoes, dry white wine or broth, 1 tbl garlic, oregano, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper and olives. Stir to combine; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
Add shrimp mixture to pan; stir to combine. Let simmer until shrimp is done about 4-6 minutes. Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Adapted from www.sumptuousliving.net