An easy way to get rid of the herbs and salad greens that are hanging out in your refrigerator. This Kitchen Sink Pesto is great served with raw veggies, crackers on chicken, steak or fish. It's versatile and easy to make.
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 2 tblsp Tahini or almond butter
- 1 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 cups packed Arugula or other herbs like basil or parsley or whatever you have in your fridge
- ½ cup walnuts, almonds or pecans chopped and toasted
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Place garlic, tahini and lemon juice in a food processor bowl and pulse until pureed.
Add the nuts and greens and pulse to blend.
With the machine running, pour the olive oil in a steady stream into the bowl, process until smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe is very versatile. Use whatever leafy greens you have on hand. A container of mixed salad greens works great. Throw in some herbs for extra flavor. Source www.tasteandsavor.com