Looking for something different to do with all that zucchini? You’ll love these Baked Cheesy Carrot and Zucchini Bites. You can serve them as a side dish or turn them into an appetizer served with your favorite dipping sauce. Bake several batches and put them in the freezer for an easy weeknight meal. I might even have them with an egg for breakfast!
- 1 zucchini shredded (no need to peel the zucchini)
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- ½ small yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Place the shredded zucchini and carrots in a clean kitchen towel and wring out all the excess water over the sink until the zucchini is really dry.
Place in a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix until combined.
Form into small patties and place on baking sheet. Lightly press with your hands to flatten slightly.
Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turnover and continue to bake for another 5-7 minutes until the edges are golden.
You can shred the carrots and zucchini using the shredding blade of a food processor or by using a box grater.